Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Desert Pizza: Simple and Classy

I went to Samcheongdong last week for my 'traveling' club outing with a hidden motive to try out one of Samcheongdong's unique and pretty cafe. I have decided to try out 'Woodside Cafe' for their waffle but only to find out that they already closed and changed to other cafe that never been mentioned in any Samcheongdong guide.

So I spontaneously suggested 'Desert Pizza' to my clubmate, Tugce, in a hope of ordering sweet chocolate pizza with ice cream.

it was the name that attracted me
Desert Pizza located at the second floor of the building above. When I first entered the restaurant, I had a very good impression of the ambience. It was a small space, mostly decorated in bright yellow, with quite packed seats. Luckily we went there in relatively quiet hours so it was very enjoyable.


Once I read the menu, I realized I was tricked. It was 'DESERT' not 'DESSERT'. The only dessert pizza menu was almond and chocolate pizza...

Shortly, we decided to order Red Gorgonzola Pizza with tomato-base. But after a bit of discussion with the very kind owner using all the Korean we have learned in class, we switched our choice to White Gorgonzola Pizza with cream-base.

After he took our order, he brought two glass of ice water and the sweet dipping sauce which I suspect as light syrup. It didn't taste nor smell like honey. I really loved how we were able to enjoy the restaurant fully with good aircon, strong wifi, quite ambience and perfectly lighted space while waiting for our order.

White Gorgonzola
The pizza came! It was just as what we expected in terms of size and thin crust. The taste was nothing special but the syrup and tabasco really complimented the pizza well.


Almost all of the pizza menu cost KRW19,900 per pan while pasta is priced at KRW15,800 per portion. They do have set menu, I remember two of them were Pizza + Pasta + 2 drinks for KRW35,000 and Pizza + Salad + 2 drinks for KRW32,000. Normal price in the area.

I really appreciate the super kind owner (they speak English by the way) and I would say they have a good focus by not offering too much menu but I'd appreciate if we can choose the size of the pizza. I wouldn't comeback for the food but rather for the comfortable space offered to have a deep conversation or long catch up session with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment