Pages

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Instagrammable Hapjeong

If there is any neighborhood in Seoul that I would like to recommend to my friends, it would definitely be Hapjeong. The center of cafe and restaurants, my adventure in Hapjeong seems like an endless one. I still discover new places, although I have (obviously) been there multiple times. Recently, I even expanded my discovery to Mangwon and Sangsu.

First thing first, where is Hapjeong? Why do most tourists never hear of this area?

My bet is simply because the area feels too hippy and unique. Hapjeong offers you the relaxing neighborhood-kind-of-feeling, while it does not particularly feel 'Korean.' Hapjeong is strategically located near to Hongdae, and the Hapjeong station serves Line 2 and Line 6. Other than the accessibility, the good news is... almost every corner in Hapjeong is Instagram-worthy.

Where do you start the photo hunting?
You can actually begin your quest from any exit, but I recommend exit 6 or 7 that will eventually lead you to the cafe area.

I often have too much time, so I wander around and discover some pretty corners along the way. On my last cafe hunting, I brought along my two friends, and we stop by at some cafes to take pictures.



I feel like they should promote 'Positive Vibe' or something because places like this are truly marketable!

a random corner


Indonesians love jalan-jalan sore or late afternoon walk, and Hapjeong-Sangsu area is the best area to do that. As the day is getting darker, we decided to go through the pictures that we've taken and try to decide which cafe do we want to visit the most. Scrolling through some reviews, we decided to go to Decoa Balim.

If you don't read Korean, it would be quite tricky to find this cafe as its located hidden in the small alleys (just like typical Korean cafes).



The exterior looks very unique, and the window suggested the calm atmosphere of this cafe. My two friends were also tempted with the chocolate and dessert. Well, it was a great decision because...

The interior is gorgeous and we just looooove the atmosphere!

Oh you, goodness
Lemon Pie and sinful Chocolate Cake

The desserts tasted delicious and they had a social media promotion. We did it for a free cake (chocolate lava)!

Free chocolate lava!
Although we really came here for the desserts, we did not forget that we wanted the perfect Instagram-able shots too!

Just beautiful

Perfect angle
Done with the 1000-perfect-Instagram-shots, we left to discover yet another catchy corner. A wall with perfect lighting and a door!


Coz we just like it
Oh halo my new Insta profile picture

Okay, you gotta really give it to Indonesians. We are really obsessed with Instagrammable corners. The conclusion is Hapjeong is always Instragram-worthy day and night! I would not say things exclusively apply to Hapjeong-dong but also Sangsu and parts of Mangwon. I even considered moving there because the vibe is just perfect for any age. But uh oh, perfection clearly comes with a price and I can't afford it (yet). For now, I will remain to become a frequent visitor and number one fan!

Happy Instagram-ing in Hapjeong! Don't forget to bring many of your friends and take some killer shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment