Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Murmur de Gusto: Fancy Brunch in Anam

I mean it when I say there is nothing in Anam and Korea University area. We have Burger King, McD, Paris Baguette many compulsory chicken places, countless alcohol places and fancy school but that's about it. We do not have Pizza Hut, KFC, cinema or even the famous Artbox, where you can get many cool gifts for your friends.

Good restaurant in Anam is very rare. Well, you have to define what is good. If you just want cheap and tasty college student style of dining, then Anam provides you the basic. But if you want quality stuff, my answer is that Seoul has the best public transportation in the world. I mean, just take the bus to a better neighborhood or take a subway ride to Itaewon. :)

Thank God, recently I found a good and expensive brunch restaurant, hidden on the 4th floor of Starbucks building. This restaurant is called Murmur de Gusto, or we normally cut it to Murmur. You would not likely to visit Murmur by accident as there is no big sign of the restaurant. Yet we had to queue for almost half an hour when we came.

My first impression of the restaurant: classy. They do not have many tables but it was designed in a fancy way. The tables are not that spacious. I recommend the seats by the window. 

brunch set

Murmur serves wine and Italian food like pasta and pizza. I went with two other friends for lunch and we ordered brunch set, a pasta and a pan of pizza. It was bloody expensive.

The brunch set is priced at 9,800 KRW. I like the french toast and pancake, it was fairly sweet to me. I hate their blueberry sauce and the omelet was nothing special. 


Next up is the rose salmon pasta. It was really good and they really give generous amount of salmon. The taste of the sauce matched well with the salmon and asparagus. I totally loved it! Could not recall the price but I think it was about 18-19,000 KRW.

Then the last dish we ordered was pizza!

pizza!
It was not your ordinary round shaped pizza. The crust was not thick, but I would not say thin as well. They put a lot of cheese and cream and I loved it! I am not really sure what was the best part of the pizza, the taste just blended very well. It was also expensive, almost 20,000KRW for a pan but definitely worth it!

We spent almost 50,000KRW for three people in a visit. We were really full and it was worth the money. Overall, I love Murmur de Gusto. They have a very great atmosphere that matches well with their food and classy concept. I would definitely come back but not so often, as the price is too expensive for student's casual lunch.

Recommended gem in Anam, Korea University!

No comments:

Post a Comment