Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Haneul Park: Astoundingly Beautiful

As a true blue Indonesian, I am not a fan of outdoor park. I spent my whole leisure time inside of hundreds shopping mall before coming to Korea. We do have a huge park in my hometown, Bogor Botanical Garden, but the thought of coming there to spend a relaxing afternoon never crossed my mind. Living in Seoul was totally different. I really enjoy coming to Seoul's various park and Haneul Park (하늘공원) is my personal favorite.

Haneul Park
Haneul means sky in Korean. It is located at the highest point of World Cup Stadium area, hence the name. You will need to climb 'easy' 300 steps in order to reach the park. I am never a fan of stairs but they built the stairs with a smart consideration that I have never complained climbing them. I would say it's been always an easy climb, even on the hottest summer day.

But in case you choose to take the easier way, there is a shuttle bus that can take you up.

a view of World Cup Stadium from the above
View in late summer
The unique point of this park is this park was built on landfill. The Seoul Government decided to restore it into an ecological park. Brilliant. The next point is that you can see beautiful Seoul landmarks from this park. The surrounding area is also very photogenic. That's the best part for me, because I have sooooo many great pictures taken at this park.

Autumn sunset in Haneul Park cr: Kak Farras
I have been to Haneul Park for so many times. Summer, fall, winter, noon, sunset time, late night - I've witnessed them all. My favorite is sunset time in autumn!

beautiful autumn sunset #nofilter
Most of the visitors of Haneul park are couples and families. Last year, I did not really see any foreign visitors but in my last visit two weeks ago, I've seen quite a number of foreigners.

jungle of grass #nofilter
It is nice to see that this park is getting famous. But I also witnessed some negative changes. It is quite sad to see that due to rising popularity of this park, some parts of Eulalia grass were damaged. Many tourists take picture INSIDE the grass and carelessly step on them. So don't be such an irresponsible visitors. There are many photo spots that you can enjoy, without harming the nature.

catching sunset #nofilter

It takes a skill to take an amazing shot but I feel like I've captured many amazing shots effortlessly. This park is simply beautiful.

Don't forget to visit Haneul Park when you are in Seoul and be prepared to walk a lot! The nearest subway station for Haneul Park is World Cup Stadium Line 6 exit 1 and from there you need to walk 1km+

No admission fee, the park is open all year round. Selamat jalan-jalan!


No comments:

Post a Comment