Pages

Friday, May 19, 2017

Sattbar: Vegan Friendly in Apgujeong

I wasn't quite sure when my friends asked me to go to a "salad bar" in Apgujeong. I am a vegetarian-food-obsessed girl who does not eat green, if that makes sense. I appreciate potato, hummus and love my mushroom-based deli but not green. Not leaf.

But I came anyway and I was surprised. This Sattbar looks like Vege Creek in Taipei with the huge sharing table. The vegan vibe strikes right away.


Forgive me, I was too lazy to stand up and take pictures from the other side. We were the last customer of the night and the guy literally stayed and reminded us that we must leave. Quite weird, given the written hours was 21.30 and we came there before 20.30. He seemed to close the shop an hour earlier that day.

Sattbar Menu


They have quite an extensive menu. We had a hard time choosing and ended up asking the most recommended items. They have English version of everything and the guy speaks excellent English. Price-wise, I have nothing to complain about. Vegan is never cheap.

I almost think that this place is 100% vegan, given the menu wording but I checked Seoul Veggie Club and some says although they do not use dairy, they still use honey in their hummus. Make sense as the hummus was significantly sweeter than the usual hummus dishes that we have in Indonesia.


Overall, I would still name this place as my new vegan heaven. I like their concept of no caffeine and obvioulsy, no meat.

The first dish that we ordered was the burger!



Promising visual, I love the simplicity. It tasted good, but the patty was dry, compared to the other veg burgers that I have tried. Like the other normal burger, this is not a light meal.

I am trying to recall my senses but nothing special from the smell or textures.

The next dish is the red hummus. Wow I am impressed by the visual. It looked very fresh and appetizing.


Like I said, the hummus was sweeter than the other hummus that I tried and it was better that way. There were toooo many greens around the hummus but everything is served fresh so I have nothing to complain about.


There are also few meatball-like balls on the plate and I LOVED it! Everything seemed to complement each other. Mind you, this green bowl is way heavier than my burger. We struggled to finish it.

I am very happy with Sattbar and I would definitely come back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment